Can I get SR22 Insurance in Kansas Without a car – Yes. Non owner Kansas SR22 insurance allows the named insured driver to drive any motor vehicle that they are given permission to drive. If you purchase a Kansas non-owners SR22 insurance policy, make sure you do not drive any vehicle you have not been given express consent to drive and ensure that the vehicle in question is insured by the owner.

It is a great way for drivers who do not own a motor vehicle and who may not have regular access to a motor vehicle to meet the states drivers license re-instatement insurance requirements. Purchasing non-owners liability coverage will enable drivers to satisfy the states SR22 insurance requirements without owning a vehicle. There are three types of Kansas SR22 certificates available:

  • Kansas SR22 Operators Certificate: This covers the driver for the operation of any non-owned vehicle they have been given permission to drive.
  • Kansas SR22 Owners Certificate: This covers the driver to drive any vehicles owned by the driver. The certificate may be issued with the details of the make and model of the drivers automobile or it may cover any vehicle owned by the driver.
  • Kansas SR22 Operators-Owners Certificate: This covers any vehicles owned by the driver and any vehicles that are not owned but the driver has been given permission to drive.

What are the Kansas Minimum coverage for SR22 requirements?

Kansas SR-22 auto insurance is usually required for a period of 12 months after a DUI – drunk   driving – alcohol related driving conviction and can be very expensive if you go with the wrong provider. Some insurance companies will not even do an SR22 insurance filing. Get a FREE DUI auto insurance quote and compare rates to find the best deal, simply enter your ZIP code above and you can be comparing prices for Kansas auto insurance in a matter of minutes.

Minimum liability insurance requirements for private passenger vehicles in the state of Kansas

The minimum mandatory liability insurance coverage required in the state of Kansas for private passenger vehicles is:


  • $25,000 per person for bodily injury (BIL)
  • $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
  • $10,000 per accident for property damage (PDL)

Personal Injury Protection

  • $4,500 per person for medical expenses
  • $900 month for one year for disability and/or loss of income (for one   year)
  • $25 per day for in-home services (for one year)
  • $2,000 for funeral, burial or cremation expenses
  • $4,500 for rehabilitation expenses


  • $25,000 per person
  • $50,000 per accident

What is (BIL)  Bodily Injury Liability insurance? (BIL) Bodily Injury Liability insurance coverage will pay for serious and permanent injury or death   to other people when a crash is caused by the insured. An auto insurance   company will pay for injuries up to the limits specified in an insurance policy and will provide legal   representation for the insured in the event someone tries to sue them. This coverage  pays for damages an insured driver or members of an insured drivers family cause (and are liable for) to other people’s property in a crash involving a motor vehicle.