Alachua Alachua County Apalachicola Franklin County Auburndale Polk County Bal Harbour Miami-Dade County Boca Raton Palm Beach County Bradenton Manatee County Cape Coral Lee County Chipley Washington County Clewiston Hendry County Coconut Creek Broward County Crystal River Citrus County Daytona Beach Volusia County DeLand Volusia County Destin Okaloosa County Edgewater Volusia County Fort Lauderdale Broward County Fort Myers Beach Lee County Fruitland Park Lake County Green Cove Springs Clay County Haines City Polk County Hialeah Miami-Dade County Holly Hill Volusia County Homestead Miami-Dade County Jacksonville Duval County Key Biscayne Miami-Dade County LaBelle Hendry County Lady Lake Lake County Lake Wales Polk County Largo Pinellas County Lighthouse Point Broward County Maitland Orange County Melbourne Brevard County Miami Beach Miami-Dade County Miramar Broward County Neptune Beach Duval County Niceville Okaloosa County North Port Sarasota County Ocean Ridge Palm Beach County Oldsmar Pinellas County Ormond Beach Volusia County Palm Bay Brevard County Palm Coast Flagler County Pembroke Pines Broward County Pinellas Park Pinellas County Pompano Beach Broward County Port St. Lucie St. Lucie County Royal Palm Beach Palm Beach County St. Cloud Osceola County Safety Harbor Pinellas County Sarasota Sarasota County Sebastian Indian River County Stuart Martin County Tamarac Broward County Tavares Lake County Treasure Island Pinellas County Vero Beach Indian River County Weston Broward County Winter Garden Orange County Winter Springs Seminole County Altamonte Springs Seminole County Apopka Orange County Aventura Miami-Dade County Bartow Polk County Bonita Springs Lee County Brooksville Hernando County Casselberry Seminole County Cinco Bayou Okaloosa County Cocoa Brevard County Coral Gables Miami-Dade County Dania Beach Broward County Deerfield Beach Broward County Delray Beach Palm Beach County Dunedin Pinellas County Edgewood Orange County Fort Meade Polk County Fort Pierce St. Lucie County Gainesville Alachua County Gulf Breeze Santa Rosa County Hallandale Beach Broward County Hialeah Gardens Miami-Dade County Hollywood Broward County Hypoluxo Palm Beach County Juno Beach Palm Beach County Key West Monroe County Lake Alfred Polk County Lake Mary Seminole County Lake Worth Palm Beach County Lauderhill Broward County Longboat Key Manatee & Sarasota Counties Marco Island Collier County Melbourne Beach Brevard County Milton Santa Rosa County Mount Dora Lake County New Port Richey Pasco County North Miami Miami-Dade County Oakland Park Broward County Ocoee Orange County Orange Park Clay County Oviedo Seminole County Palm Beach Palm Beach County Palmetto Manatee County Pensacola Escambia County Plant City Hillsborough County Ponce Inlet Volusia County Punta Gorda Charlotte County St. Augustine St. Johns County St. Pete Beach Pinellas County Sanford Seminole County Satellite Beach Brevard County Sewall's Point Martin County Surfside Miami-Dade County Tampa Hillsborough County Temple Terrace Hillsborough County Valparaiso Okaloosa County Wellington Palm Beach County West Palm Beach Palm Beach County Winter Haven Polk County Anna Maria Manatee County Atlantic Beach Duval County Avon Park Highlands County Bay Harbor Islands Miami-Dade County Boynton Beach Palm Beach County Cape Canaveral Brevard County Celebration Osceola County Clearwater Pinellas County Cocoa Beach Brevard County Coral Springs Broward County Davie Broward County DeFuniak Springs Walton County Deltona Volusia County Eagle Lake Polk County Eustis Lake County Fort Myers Lee County Fort Walton Beach Okaloosa County Greenacres Palm Beach County Gulfport Pinellas County Hawthorne Alachua County Highland Beach Palm Beach County Holmes Beach Manatee County Indialantic Brevard County Jupiter Palm Beach County Kissimmee Osceola County Lakeland Polk County Lake Park Palm Beach County Lantana Palm Beach County Leesburg Lake County Longwood Seminole County Margate Broward County Miami Miami-Dade County Minneola Lake County Naples Collier County New Smyrna Beach Volusia County North Miami Beach Miami-Dade County Ocala Marion County Okeechobee Okeechobee County Orlando Orange County Palatka Putnam County Palm Beach Gardens Palm Beach County Panama City Bay County Pinecrest Miami-Dade County Plantation Broward County Port Orange Volusia County Rockledge Brevard County St. Augustine Beach St. Johns County St. Petersburg Pinellas County Sanibel Lee County Seaside Walton County Shalimar Okaloosa County Tallahassee Leon County Tarpon Springs Pinellas County Titusville Brevard County Venice Sarasota County West Melbourne Brevard County Wilton Manors Broward County Winter Park Orange County

Florida Misdemeanor Pretrial Diversion Program

Florida Misdemeanor Pretrial Diversion Program

Florida Misdemeanor Pretrial Diversion Program – The Florida Legislature has long recognized the need to identify and divert some offenders to specialized programs. Florida Statutes created a cooperative effort between the State Attorney’s Office and selected agencies to divert appropriate first-time offenders to these programs.

One such program is the Misdemeanor Pretrial Diversion Program (PDP), which offers qualified misdemeanor offenders an alternative to formal criminal prosecution. Each participant signs a contract with the State of Florida which waives their right to a speedy trial, and in which they agree to comply with the program requirements and perform specific sanctions. Participants are normally supervised six (6) months to twelve (12) months depending upon the offense. In return for successful completion of the program and listed sanctions, the State agrees to drop the participant’s criminal charges in that specific case, which enables them to avoid a conviction and ultimately a criminal record. All referrals to Misdemeanor PDP must originate with a recommendation by the Florida Office of the State Attorney.

The program requirements include the payment of all applicable program fees and costs of prosecution.

  • Payment of program fees of:
    $360.00 – 6 months or less
    $560.00 – 9 months
    $720.00 – 12 months
  • Payment of $50.00 cost of prosecution fee

Additional sanctions appropriate to each offense or to address the needs of the individual participant may include, but are not limited to:

  • Payment of restitution to the victims in the case (if any)
  • No contact or un-consented contact with victim, if deemed necessary
  • Payment of cost of investigation fees to the law enforcement agency (if any)
  • Regular (at least monthly) contact with a Criminal Justice Officer
  • Community service hours at an approved agency (minimum of 32 hours with insurance fee paid by participant)
  • Psychological or Psychiatric evaluation and any treatment recommended, at participant’s own expense
  • Alcohol and/or substance abuse evaluation and any treatment recommended, at the participant’s own expense
  • AA or NA meeting attendance, if deemed appropriate
  • Random Drug/Alcohol testing, at the participant’s own expense
  • Educational classes such as:
    • 26 week Batterers Intervention Program (domestic violence cases)
    • Anger Management
    • Parenting and Child Rearing Skills
    • Retail Theft
    • Life Skills
    • Adult Education/GED
    • Victim Awareness Program
    • HIV Awareness Program

In addition to the PDP program outlined above, the Office of the State Attorney also has a WORTHLESS CHECK DIVERSION PROGRAM. That program has an administrator and provides an opportunity for first-time worthless check offenders to avoid formal court proceedings by paying restitution to the victims, including service charges and administrative fees, and completing a Financial Responsibility Class. Once all sanctions are successfully completed, the criminal worthless check charges are dropped.








courtesy page:

cheapest sr22 in sc, non-owner sr22 sc, no car sr22 sc, sr22 without a car sc, non driver sr22 sc, cheapest sr22 quotes in sc, best sr22 rates sc, military discount, student discount, good grade discount

SC Non-Owner SR22 Insurance Discount Tricks

SC Non-Owner SR22 Insurance Discount Tricks

SC Non-Owner SR22 Insurance Discount Tricks  – If you frequently rent a car or borrow someone else’s car and want protection for when you drive it, you may qualify for a Non-Owner policy at a discount of up to 25%. This will provide the proof of auto insurance the state requires and will provide liability only coverage on any non-owned vehicles you drive.

If you are an existing customer, please call Customer Service at 636-410-6219, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT, or email anytime at to see if you qualify for this discount.

If you are a new customer, please call 855-GET-SELECT (855-438-7353),8:00 AM – 8:00 PM CT, 7 days a week to see if you qualify.

You can also get a free car insurance quote from Select Insurance Group and start driving legal today. We offer low down payments and easy monthly payment plans to get you on the road for less. It’s legal, cheap, and easy!¹


¹Consult with an attorney to determine whether it is illegal to drive without insurance in your state.   Prices vary based upon the state where you reside, the minimum limits you purchase, and other underwriting factors.SC

Minor in Possession, MIP, DUI, SR22

Getting Out Of A Minor In Possession Violation In Missouri

Getting Out Of A Minor In Possession Violation In Missouri

Getting Out Of A Minor In Possession Violation In Missouri – Under Missouri law it is a misdemeanor for anyone under the age of twenty-one to purchase, attempt to purchase, or  have in his or her possession any intoxicating liquor;  to be visibly in an intoxicated condition; or to have a detectable blood alcohol content of more than two-hundredths of one percent.

In 2005, Missouri law was expanded to include so called “possession by consumption”, providing that prosecutors no longer needed to show that a minor actually purchased or possessed alcohol. Now merely appearing visibly intoxicated, or having a detectable B.A.C. will constitute a violation, even if there is no evidence of actual possession.

Many charges for Minor in Possession, also arise under the laws of individual cities, including Columbia, Missouri. The elements required to commit the offense are often almost identical to the State law, but there are often significant differences in the range of punishments available to the Prosecutor.

Remember: you do not need to operate a motor vehicle, or be over the State legal limit to be convicted of Minor in Possession. The fact that:

  1. You are younger than twenty-one (21) years of  age at time of the violation; and
  2. Had physical possession of alcohol; or
  3. Attempted to purchase alcohol; or
  4. Had detectable amounts of alcohol in your breath, blood, or saliva

may be sufficient to convict you of violation of the State of City Minor in Possession laws.

Abuse and Lose: Will I Lose My License?

Under Missouri’s Abuse and Lose law, 577.500 RSMo, charges for Minor in Possession, False Identification, or Drug Possession, can now impact your right to operate a motor vehicle, regardless of whether a vehicle was involved in your underlying offense. Currently, the application of the Abuse and Lose law turns on how your charge is filed. In the large majority of first time offenses, a skilled attorney will be able to avoid ramifications for your license.

Potential license suspensions include:

  1. First Offense: up to 90 days suspension.
  2. Second Offense: 90 days suspension, or 1 year revocation.
  3. Third Offense: 1 year revocation.

Remember: How the charge is written will largely determine the potential for license suspension or revocation. Often, the same set of facts that could potentially impact your drivers license can be charged so as not to take you off the road at all!

Criminal Punishment: Will I Go to Jail?

Violation of the Missouri Minor in Possession law can be punished by a fine of up to $1,000.00, or imprisonment in the County Jail for up to 1 year. As a practical matter, however, the majority of convictions will receive punishments significantly below these maximums. Jail sentences for minor in possession convictions are rare, unless there is some special or extraordinary  circumstance.

An experienced attorney can often minimize or avoid these punishments altogether. Through proper negotiation and strategy, it is often possible to serve probation in lieu of fines or imprisonment. As an added bonus, successful completion of such probation will often prevent any record of the underlying offense! It is therefore possible to come out of your ordeal with NO CRIMINAL RECORD!

Your Legal Rights!

Remember: You have a Constitutional right to the assistance of an attorney to defend against a minor in possession charge! An experienced attorney will be able to determine:

  1. Whether your acts in fact violated the law or ordinance in your Jurisdiction;
  2. Whether your constitutional rights to be free of unreasonable search and seizure were respected;
  3. Whether your drivers license is at risk, and what can be done to protect it;
  4. Whether you are entitled to an affirmative defense excusing you from liability; and
  5. Whether despite guilt you are entitled to probation in lieu of conviction and thereby clean criminal record.

If you or someone you know is facing license suspensions or loss of driving privledges due to an MIP, call us at 1-855-GET-SELECT (1-855-438-7353)

DUI, riverside, Fresno, marine corps, agcc, twentynine palms, daggett, yermo, helendale, adelanto, hesperia, phelan, wrightwood, mt baldy, lytle creek, ontario, redlands, grand terrace, chino, Lake Havasu, Fort Irwin, Barstow, Victorville, Ridgecrest, Santa Ana, newberry springs, ludlow, amboy, essex, lucerne valley, baker, mountain pass, cima, landers, yucca valley, lake arrowhead, adelanta, boron, trona, country, los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, San Bernardino, California,

How long does a DUI stay on your record in California?

How long does a DUI stay on your record in California?

Getting a DUI off Your Driving Record

How long does a DUI stay on your record in California? In California, a DUI stays on your driving record with the DMV for 10 years. This record can be seen by law enforcement officers as well as within the DMV. It is used by the DMV to make decisions about your driver’s license such as whether you are eligible to reinstate a suspended DUI insurance, DUI insurance rates, Best DUI Insurance Companies

The bad news is that there is no way to remove a DUI from your driving record. The good news is, this record is not included in a background check and cannot be seen by potential employers. It does not count as a criminal record (although a DUI also goes on your criminal record—see below). It is used almost exclusively by the DMV.

Previously, California law kept a DUI on your driving record only 7 years. This was changed in 2007. If you have any past DUI conviction, even from before the law changed, it will now stay on your record the full 10 years. In the future, the period could be even longer.

The 10 years starts from the date of your arrest.

DUI “Points” on Your Driver’s License

California driver’s licenses use a “point” system to track risky behavior. All drivers start with 0 points, but may acquire points for certain infractions—like speeding, or DUI—or for causing an accident.

Points hurt you in two ways. For one thing, they affect your insurance rates. More points mean higher car insurance bills. Additionally, they can cost you your license. Your license will be suspended if:

  • You get 4 or more points in 2 years
  • You get 6 or more points in 3 years
  • You get 8 or more points in 4 years

DUI’s are in the highest point category. Each DUI adds two (2) points to your license. Obviously, the sooner those points go away, the better off you are.

Unfortunately, DUI points also take the longest to get off your license. Points from a DUI stay on for 13 years. There is no way to shorten this period.

But you can reduce your total points in other ways. Points from traffic tickets, for example, can sometimes be removed if you agree to go to traffic school. You can look up DMV approved traffic schools here.

Previous DUI’s and New DUI Charges

Any DUI charge on your record also affects future DUI penalties. California state law assigns different penalties for a first, second, and third+ DUI. Each one is more serious than the one before it. To compute this, any DUI within the last 10 years counts as a previous charge.

For example, let’s say you’re facing a DUI charge right now. You already have one previous DUI conviction. If that previous conviction was 8 years ago, it will count against you, and the new charges are a “second” DUI. If the previous conviction was from 11 years ago, however, they do not count. Your new DUI is treated as a first offense.

There is no way to shorten this period. Again, the 10 years is counted from the date of your arrest.

Expunging a DUI from Your Criminal Record

The last place where a DUI is recorded is on your criminal history. In California a DUI is not just a traffic violation, it is a criminal offense—usually a misdemeanor, but sometimes a felony depending on the circumstances. You have to disclose your criminal history when you apply for jobs or professional licenses, and it can be held against you.

Normally, a DUI stays on your criminal record permanently. However, you may be able to have it expunged. You are eligible to expunge a DUI if:

  • You have already served all penalties, including probation
  • Your sentence did not involve state prison (as opposed to jail time)
  • You are not currently facing any other criminal charges

If these all apply to you, a California DUI attorney can help you expunge your DUI. They will file a request to expunge. The prosecutor’s office may or may not oppose the expungement, in which case your attorney can fight for you. There will be a hearing and, in most cases, the expungement will be approved.

Once a DUI is expunged, it is no longer part of your criminal record. You can apply for jobs with a “clean” criminal history and do not have to disclose your DUI. However, the DUI will still count as a past charge if you are arrested for a new drunk driving charge.

The short answer is that a DUI stays on your driving record for 10 years in California, and stays on your criminal record permanently. However, the full story is a little more complex. There are a number of records that a DUI affects, and you can take action to change some of them.

hardship license, cheapest auto insurance, best insurance rates, sr22, non-owner, no car, sr-22

5 Ways to Find the Right Auto Insurance Coverage on a Budget

5 Ways to Find the Right Auto Insurance Coverage on a Budget

5 Ways to Find the Right Auto Insurance Coverage on a Budget – Finding cheap Auto Insurance in  your state that gives you cover you need isn’t easy, especially with so many car insurance companies around. They may tell you theirs is the cheapest car insurance around, but is it the best car insurance for you?

At Select Insurance Group, you could get the cover you need for a lot less than you’d expect to pay simply by shopping your coverage with over 15 carriers. And don’t just take our word for it. *You can quickly see what our customers said they saved by switching to Select Insurance Group.

Now, compare auto insurance quotes online with Select Insurance Group (we can give you an insurance quote online in just three minutes) and see just how much you could save.

If you’re serious about getting a cheap auto insurance quote with some great policy options, get a car insurance quote online from us today.

Here are some tips for saving money on your auto insurance:

  1. Shop around. A Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent like Select Insurance Group can help you get quotes from multiple insurance carriers to make sure you are getting the best rates available.
  2. Bundle your policies. Most insurance companies offer discounts if you purchase more than one policy from them. And the more policies you have (homeowners, car, boat, motorcycle, personal umbrella, etc.), the greater your discount.
  3. Maximize discounts. Insurance companies usually offer a wide variety of discounts, such discounts for multiple policies, safe driving, and good students. Your agent will work with you to ensure that you receive any discounts that you qualify for.
  4. Keep a clean driving record. Traffic violations have a negative impact on your insurance rates. Avoiding tickets and accidents keeps your rates down, and many insurance companies offer additional discounts for people with clean driving records.
  5. Choose higher deductibles. The higher the deductible, the lower the premium. If you think you will have enough cash to cover your deductible if you have to file a claim, consider a higher deductible to lower your rates.
how to beat a breathalyzer

How To Beat A Breathalyzer Machine

How To Beat A Breathalyzer Machine

How To Beat A Breathalyzer Machine – The most commonly asked question on my website, and probably the internet when it comes to Driving Under the Influence charges, is, without a doubt, “How do I beat the Breathalyzer machine?

The best answer is simpler than you think — 
Don’t Drink and Drive!

All kidding aside, the second answer is just as simple – don’t take it. Sacrifice your operator’s license in order to have a leg up in court. Your case becomes much easier to present to a jury when there is no per se prosecution available (the registering of a 0.08 BAC or greater.)

However, let’s explore some additional options.


First, let’s analyze what methods DO NOT work.

  1. Eating your own underwear – Why? Is the first question that comes to mind. Why would anyone in their right mind try such a ridiculous method? Well, for the man who tried it, this was’t such a bad idea. Presumably, he was hoping that the cotton would absorb the alcohol in his stomach thus lowering his BAC result. You can’t make this up, folks. Unfortunately for him, by the time he got to the station, not only did the cotton in his stomach did not do anything for the alcohol that was already in his blood, he looked ridiculous because of the hole in his pants. The Breathalyzer test gathers deep lung, or alveolar, air. So, after a few hours of drinking, followed by a few minutes of eating cotton will not do you any good. Thanks for playing.
  2. UPDATE: Eating toilet paper – This is a new one, folks! One man tried to eat toilet paper in the hopes of cheating the breathalyzer machine. Unfortunately, as is stated in number (1) above, the machine is designed to test alveolar air, and therefore his attempt to cover the alcohol with toilet paper would not work; it may just mask the smell or at least absorb any mouth alcohol. Nice try, but you fail.
  3. UPDATE #2: Eating your own shirt – Here is another doozy, friends..  One woman tried to eat her own shirt in order to avoid a DUI after she attempted to run away from the police and passively resist arrest. When the breathalyzer technician instructed her not to put anything in her mouth, as he is probably required by state law and after she agreed to take the breathalyzer test, the woman”stuffed a large portion of her shirt into her mouth and began chewing at the fabric.” Although it would not have much of an effect on her breathalyzer result, more than likely it did earn her a ‘refusal’ mark on the breathalyzer due to her once more ‘passive’ resistance, and secured a lack of an Intoxilyzer number for the State. So, can we call that kind of a win?
  4. Eating your own feces – O.K., first off, disgusting. I can’t even. But, a man in March, 2005 tried it. And failed. Not only did he fail, but he will now forever be remembered as the man who ate his own feces. Good luck to you, buddy.
  5. Eating smelly foods to overpower the alcohol scent – While it may not be such a bad idea to throw the cop’s scent off the booze trail, it is completely and utterly useless for a Breathalyzer machine. The inner sample chamber is mechanically calibrated to detect any presence of ethanol (along with some other substances depending on the amount of filters installed, etc., which could artificially inflate your BAC result). The device is so sensitive, in fact, that it has a “mouth alcohol” detector, so if you have alcohol present in your mouth, the machine should return an error. The fact that these detectors never work is besides the point, but they’re there. So, fail.
  6. Drinking Zima instead of “real” drinks – Seriously? Well, apparently so. Some teenagers believed that could do the trick. I guess under the erroneous belief that there are different “kinds” of alcohol since Zima doesn’t make your breath smell as bad. Alcohol is alcohol, no matter what it tastes or smells like. You are the weakest link, goodbye.
  7. Sucking on a penny – The idea behind this popular myth is that the copper in the penny will neutralize the alcohol. Well, similar to (5) above, the alcohol is not coming from your mouth. I am not sure about the reaction that occurs when alcohol meets copper, but I can tell you the penny won’t protect you from the alcohol in your lungs. Furthermore, according to at least one source, pennies are no longer made of copper. It is now 97.5 percent zinc and 2.5 percent copper. So even if copper would have been helpful, its negligible quantity in the penny would require a plethora of them — you can bet the officers will notice your scheme and quickly stop it.
  8. Using Listerine or some other mouthwash – Worst. Idea. Ever. Why? Because nearly all mouth washes contain, what? That’s right — Alcohol! So you are combating the presence of alcohol in your body — with more alcohol! What if your result would have been less than 0.08, initially? Well, you’ve just secured a certain trip to the jailhouse because you will most likely blow way above 0.08 due to all the fresh alcohol in your mouth. Mouth alcohol detectors rarely, if ever, work. Explaining it to the cop won’t do you any good. Nice try.
  9. Chewing gum – Now here is a good trick to throw off the cop (if you can hold your liquor). May be he’ll let you go if he can’t smell alcohol and you look fine to him. However, again, like numbers (5) and (8), above, the gum does not alter the workings of the inner chamber inside the breathalyzer machine. Depending on the gum, it may end up “helping” you as much as a mouth wash, due to their containing alcohol. 
  10. Inhaling instead of blowing – Nope. The machine has pressure detectors in place to detect if air is being blown in. You will succeed in making the officer angry, though. Not sure if that is what you want..
  11. Burpingbelching, or regurgitating – This will bring up alcohol from your stomach content into your mouth, which will in turn elevate your BAC levels. Sorry, try again.
  12. Smoking a cigarette will mask the alcohol – Actually, it will likely elevate your BAC result due to the fact that some breathalyzers may be affected by acetaldehyde (the chemical that is released in cigarette smoke when sugars, sorbitol, and glycerol are burnt.)
  13. Eating peanut butter – This one is at the bottom of the list because it is the closest thing to something that could work (if you could wash your lungs with it). It is true that the high levels of sodium, which can be found in peanut butter, will neutralize ethanol by creating two byproducts – sodium ethoxide (also known as alkoxide) and hydrogen gas. But, again, the problem is that the peanut butter travels from the mouth into your stomach, completely bypassing the lungs — where the alveolar air, which is full of alcohol, is about to come from and be tested by the machine. This would be a great trick to eliminate mouth alcohol. Also, good luck getting your hands on some peanut butter at the police station — or getting it in your mouth with your hands handcuffed behind your back. I don’t think this method is in your cards.

Now, let’s see what may work (some of these options are completely theoretical):

  1. Again, the best way is to not drink and drive – Speaks for itself.
  2. The second best way is to refuse the breathalyzer test – Again, easy. You hand over your license to the nice police officer for failing to comply with the state’s implied consent laws and politely thank him as you are escorted to your “comfortable and clean” jail cell, where you will be spending the next few hours. You make your lawyer’s case a lot easier, the possibility of a jury trial much more of a reality, and your chances of beating your DUI case increase exponentially (with the right lawyer who can attack the officer’s procedures and training the stand.) So, refuse the tests, if you can afford to lose your license. Special Note: Do not attempt this method if you are own a Commercial Driver’s License or a Pilot’s License, as the resulting hardship may be tougher on you and your career than simply fighting the uphill battle of a per se DUI case.
  3. Blowing just the necessary length of time and stopping – If you are truly in a pickle and think you did not have that much to drink, and you are afraid to lose your license, and you believe that enough time has elapsed, although this goes against every rule in the book — blow just enough to where the machine registers the fact that you’ve blown, and not a millisecond longer (good luck with that timing). Well, why is that? The officer is interested in you blowing as long as possible. That will ensure an artificially elevated result, even if you’re under the limit (how else can you explain the plethora of DUIs where the person legitimately drank 1-2 beers and blows a 0.12.) The longer you blow, the more alcohol enters the sample chamber of the machine, and the more molecules of ethanol are captured by the Intoxilyzer 5000EN’s detector via the process of infrared absorption. If you blow just the right amount of time, you can at least keep the number low and more in line with what you should be registering (in theory — as these machines have a lot of other problems). You’ll of course have to learn what sounds the machine makes when a sufficient sample is provided, as the officer will want you to continue to blow. Again, this method, although possible to at least keep you in the right range, is laden with difficulties. I DO NOT recommend it.
  4. Hyperventilating or exercising – This could work, but the problem is that you won’t be able to breathe out all of the alcohol — that would be ridiculous. It’s in your system, in your blood stream, in your lungs, and possibly still in your mouth. The most you could do is lower your breath test result by 10-20%, so if you’re close to the limit, you may be able to blow under it. If you’re stone cold drunk it won’t do more than simply make you dizzy, which could lead to you throwing up — never a good idea… Especially with an officer present — who is suspecting you have been operating under the influence! Good job, you just helped make his case for him. Also, good luck hyperventilating or exercising with the officer around. Surely he won’t notice..
  5. Burping, belching, or regurgitating (yes I realize its on the list of things that don’t work) – Here’s the thing, the breathalyzer operator is supposed to have you under continuous observation for 15 – 20 minutes (depending on the state law). If you make an audible burp, belch, or regurgitate stomach contents periodically, the breathalyzer technician, assuming he conforms to the breathalyzer operator’s manual , must reset the 20 minute observation period — because you brought back alcohol in your stomach into your mouth. Gross, but possibly effective. The problems are that (a) s/he may not care and tell you to take the test anyway (which could be a great defense in court, especially if there is a video recording), but again, you’ve accomplished nothing at beating the test; (b) you run the risk that some of the puke or belch substances will remain in your mouth and elevate the result even after an additional 20 minutes; and (c) if you’re still digesting previous alcohol, your BAC is on the rise — more time elapsed = higher BAC. You’re just digging your grave even further and where your result may have been lower (albeit still above 0.08), you may end up with an aggravator if you blow a 0.15 or above .
  6. Rinsing out your lungs – This is, of course, a joke. It’s the dumbest thing you can possibly think of doing (and, believe it or not, it has been tried). This is a sure way to drown yourself. DO NOT DO THIS.

There really is no “scientific” or foolproof method of going from a result above 0.08 to one below it. The best way to avoid a DUI is to not drink and drive.

However, if you are charged with a DUI, you need experienced and knowledgeable SR22 Insurance Broker to help you. Please, contact us or call me at 855-GET-SELECT (855-438-7353).

How To Get Cheaper Bike Insurance For Young Drivers

How To Get Cheaper Bike Insurance For Young Drivers

cheapest sr22 quotes in california

How To Avoid California 30 Day vehicle Impound

How To Avoid California 30 Day vehicle Impound

How To Avoid California 30 Day vehicle Impound – Towed and Stored Vehicle Release Procedures…

The California Police Department is authorized to tow and store any vehicle or trailer that is required to be registered.
Vehicles may be towed for, but not limited to, the following reasons:

  • Stolen
  • Embezzled
  • Unregistered
  • Abandoned
  • Violation of city zoning codes/ordinances
  • Unlicensed driver
  • Driver with suspended or revoked license
  • Vehicle used in the commission of a crime: drunk driving, hit and run, reckless driving, other crimes such as robbery

Officers may use discretion about when to tow under specific circumstances.  Certain violations require the officer to tow the vehicle.  In every case where a stolen vehicle has been recovered, and it is drive-able, our officers will make every effort to contact the registered owner so they may come to the location and pick up the car, thus avoiding towing/storage fees. If the registered owner (R/O) cannot be contacted or is unable to pick up the vehicle, the vehicle will be towed. * Please be advised, officers are unable to stay at the scene for extended periods waiting for the R/O.

Vehicles will be towed and impounded for up to thirty (30) days for, but not limited to, the following reasons:

  • Unlicensed driver
  • Driver has suspended or revoked license
  • Driver is restricted from operating a vehicle without an adult (over 25) present (has learners permit only)
  • Exhibition of speed (racing)/”Speed Contest” or Reckless Driving CVC 23109.2

California Vehicle Code (CVC) Section 22852 requires that all owners of record be notified that the vehicle has been towed and stored.  It is important that vehicle owners ensure that their current address is reflected on vehicle registrations and driver’s licenses.  Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires that changes of address must be reported to them within 10 days.  Vehicles sellers are also required to notify DMV within 10 days of the date of sale. Click here to go to the DMV’s website for more information and forms: CA Department of Motor Vehicles. The California Police Department will not be held responsible for instances where vehicle owners fail to notify DMV regarding changes of address or vehicle ownership.

How to get your towed or stored vehicle released


You may arrange for the release of your NON-IMPOUNDED vehicle by personally bringing the following items:

Be aware, vehicles will only be released to the registered owner of the vehicle.  If the R/O cannot personally come to the Police Station, a NOTARIZED letter giving permission to the specific person picking up the car is required.  If you have questions regarding this policy, please contact your local towing officer

  • Current vehicle registration
  • Proof of insurance
  • Valid driver’s license (School ID, Green Cards, Passports, Costco cards will NOT be accepted as identification or you have the right to drive a motor vehicle).  If you do not have a valid driver’s license, you must bring 2 licensed drivers with you (one to drive your car and one to drive the car that brought you) to drive the vehicle from the tow yard.  No exceptions will be allowed!
  • $114.00 in cash, money order, Visa or MasterCard.  Personal checks will not be accepted.

After presenting the required documentation and paying the administrative fees, you will be provided with a release that must be presented to the towing company.  You will then be required to pay additional fees related to the towing and storage of your vehicle.
Helpful Suggestions

  • Time is money.  In addition to the administrative fee, the cost of the tow is usually $185 for a routine tow.  It could cost more for special circumstances or for larger vehicles, and is based on a one-way tow.  The storage fees may vary by company and average about $45 per day including weekends when our office is not open to issue releases.
  • “After hours” pick up of your vehicle from the tow yard could cause additional fees to be added by the tow company.
  • Ensure you get your vehicle released promptly.  Storage in excess of 45 days could result in your vehicle being sold through a lien sale.  (Amount of time varies by tow company and the circumstances surrounding the storage.)

How may I contest or challenge the decision to tow my vehicle?
Per California Vehicle Code Section 22852, you have the right to contest the circumstances under which your vehicle was towed.  To do so, you must request a hearing after the vehicle has been released.  Contact your local Hearing Officer Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A hearing will be scheduled, documentation will be gathered and if necessary, the officers and any witnesses involved will be interviewed.  Officers will not be required to attend the hearing unless the Hearing Officer seeks authorization from the Chief of Police.  A decision from the Hearing Officer will be mailed to the registered owner within ten (10) days.  If it is found that your vehicle was towed/stored improperly, you will be reimbursed the administrative fee and the towing and storage fees only.

I’m stuck in a loop. My vehicle won’t pass smog, is not currently registered and I can’t get it smogged because it’s stored and I need a smog certificate to get it registered. What do I do?
The registered owner of the vehicle may go to DMV and get either a Move Slip or a one month extension (Temporary Operating Permit) giving you the time to have the vehicle smogged.  These documents will allow the vehicle to be released.

What do I do if my vehicle can’t be registered because I have outstanding parking tickets on my car?
The R/O must go to DMV, take care of all the outstanding parking tickets and register the vehicle.

What if I have a complaint against the company that towed/stored my vehicle?
Contact the Towing Enforcement Officer.

cheapest sr22 quotes in california

DUI Treatment Programs in California

DUI Treatment Programs in California

DUI Treatment Programs in California – We are sorry to hear you have received a Driving Under the Influence (DUI) and are here to help you avoid future incidents, and comply with the Court and Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requirements. Please review this information, enrollment in a licensed DUI program is the first step in this process.


DUI Programs

CADTP Organizational Members are DUI Programs licensed by the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs.

Your California driving privileges are suspended when charged with a DUI. According to DMV ( the suspension or revocation is an immediate administrative action taken against your driving privilege. This is called Administrative Per Se (APS) and is independent of any court-imposed jail sentence, fine, or other criminal penalty you may receive when convicted for a DUI. Upon conviction for a DUI offense in California, the court may order you to complete an Alcohol and Drug Education and Counseling program provided by State-licensed service provider. Completion of this same program Is also required to be eligible to get your unrestricted license back. You may qualify to drive after a minimum 30 day suspension with a restricted license (depending on the charges and county). Enrollment in a licensed DUI

IMPORTANT NOTICE: the state of California does not recognize any online DUI course and DMV will not grant or reinstate a driver’s license without official notice from a California licensed DUI program.

For more information visit: www.DHCS.CA.GOV and www.DMV.CA.GOV

DUI Program Levels

The length of the DUI Program you will be required to complete is will depend upon your blood alcohol content (BAC) at the time of arrests, as well as any record of prior DUI’s within the past 10-year period.

1st Offender Programs:

  • Wet & Reckless – BAC Below .08%
  • 3-Month Program – BAC Below .15%
  • 6-Month Program – BAC between 0.15%-0.19% BAC
  • 9-Month Program- BAC of .20% or Higher

Multiple Offender Programs:

  • 18-Month Program – More than 1 conviction in 10 yrs
  • 30-Month Program – 3rd Violation within 10 years (limited availability)


The program will advise you of specifics for that agency, at minimum, you will need to bring the following:

  • Down payment.
  • Current Court Referral, DMV H-6 Print Out or Admin Per Se.
  • Picture ID Card.
  • No measurable level of Drugs or Alcohol prior to your appointment.
  • Program specific instructions