Florida FR-44 Insurance
If you were convicted of driving under the influence (DUI) in Florida there are increased requirements for Florida FR-44 Insurance. You will be required to carry liability limits of:
- $100K per person
- $300k per accident
- $50k property damage
The Florida Uniform Financial Responsibility Certificate FR-44 is required for three years unless a judge determines differently. There are no driving restrictions associated with the FR44 form but the court may limit your driving based on the offense. The addition of the Florida FR44 is only $15 but the increase in your auto insurance will be due to the DUI you received.
Florida Liability Insurance Requirements
The state of Florida requires liability insurance to protect other drivers in the event of an accident. The minimum limits are:
- $10k Per Person Bodily Injury
- $20k Per Accident Bodily Injury
- $10k Property Damage
These limits are also required for filing an SR-22. Ask your insurance agent what they recommend based on your financial position. If you need to file a Florida FR44 you will be required to have higher liability limits.
Suspended License and Reinstatement
Each case is different and the type of suspension can determine what is required to get your license reinstated. Below is a list of state links to the appropriate action needed:
Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in Florida
State of Florida Blood Alcohol Concentration limits:
- All drivers .08 or above
- Commercial drivers = .04 or above
- Under age 21 = .02 or above
Implied Consent Law
When you get a drivers license in Florida you consent to a chemical test when you are suspected of driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. If you refuse this test your license will be suspended for one year. If you are involved in an accident with serious injury or death the officer may force you to take the chemical test.
Need to Install an Ignition Interlock Device (IID)?
The ignition interlock device program is designed for those drivers who have been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol. It is the sole responsibility of the driver to get the IID installed from a certified provider on each vehicle they operate.
How much does the IID cost?
Standard installation is $70 plus a refundable $100 deposit due at installation. Another $67.50 is for monthly monitoring and calibration. For more information contact a certified IID provider.
Interlock Systems of Florida (866) 837-8646
Interlock Group of Florida (800) 728-7396
Get a quote NOW that you can trust.
Get a free online personalized quote and learn more about coverages, money-saving discounts, and more.
Select Insurance Group is a leading provider of high-risk, personal auto insurance, based out of St. Louis, Missouri. Stephen T. Ludwig, our founder and CEO, has over a decade of experience in the insurance industry and believed there should be a specialty agency that was able to provide affordable insurance options for every customer, no matter how bad their situation might be.
Select Insurance Group is unique because we have:
- Multiple offices & agents nationwide
- Access to multiple top-rated insurance carriers in 47 states
- Licenses to serve you in 47 States (Excl – DC, AK, & HI)
- Knowledge of the justice system to guide you around the pot-holes in the road
- Experience in obtaining hardship and restricted licenses for our clients (many times in a few hours of policy issue)
- Direct access to state-based systems for electronic filings (E-File) and policy certificate uploads
- Affiliation with FAST license suspension dismissal, State Diversion and relief programs
- Ignition interlock discounted rates through our exclusive partnerships