What is an SR-22?
Most states will require you to show future financial responsibility by having SR22 insurance. SR-22 insurance can be purchased by a licensed insurance company in your state. The form shows the state that you have minimum liability limits for auto insurance. It is most often required after you get cited for driving without insurance, DUI or other major traffic violations.
Can I get an SR-22 if I don’t own a car?
Yes, you can get SR22 insurance if you don’t own a car. Many people don’t own a car but are required to show financial responsibility to the state. Ask your insurance company for a non-owner SR22 insurance policy that has an SR-22 included. This type of policy will provide you with the required liability coverage and is not tied to any one vehicle but any vehicle you drive.
Who needs an SR22?
If you have been arrested or convicted to one of the following you may be required to carry an SR22:
- Driving with under the influence DUI, DWI, DWAI
- At fault in an accident while driving without insurance
- Multiple traffic offenses specific to your state
- Most any suspension related to a traffic violation
There are Six states – Delaware, Kentucky, Minnesota, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Pennsylvania – do not require SR22 insurance. If a driver is required to carry SR22 and he or she moves to one of these six states, they must still continue to meet the requirements legally mandated by their former state in which the SR22 was required.
If you prefer to speak to one of our Select Insurance Agents to get a free quote and buy an SR22 insurance policy please Call us at 1-855-GET-SELECT
Get a quote NOW that you can trust.
Get a free online personalized quote and learn more about coverages, money-saving discounts, and more.
Select Insurance Group is a leading provider of high-risk, personal auto insurance, based out of St. Louis, Missouri. Stephen T. Ludwig, our founder and CEO, has over a decade of experience in the insurance industry and believed there should be a specialty agency that was able to provide affordable insurance options for every customer, no matter how bad their situation might be.
Select Insurance Group is unique because we have:
- Multiple offices & agents nationwide
- Access to multiple top-rated insurance carriers in 47 states
- Licenses to serve you in 47 States (Excl – DC, AK, & HI)
- Knowledge of the justice system to guide you around the pot-holes in the road
- Experience in obtaining hardship and restricted licenses for our clients (many times in a few hours of policy issue)
- Direct access to state-based systems for electronic filings (E-File) and policy certificate uploads
- Affiliation with FAST license suspension dismissal, State Diversion and relief programs
- Ignition interlock discounted rates through our exclusive partnerships